|ABOUT > ABOUT SALVE MATER|
The former psychiatric institution for women, Salve Mater, was opened by Queen Elisabeth in 1927. The park has been protected (more about history and domain).
Since 2003, the central building of the Salve Mater complex has been the studio of Pascal Baetens. (more about Pascal Baetens' photography)
More or less abandoned sites such as Salve Mater attract many urban explorers. Urbex photographers are welcome, but under specific conditions (more about urbex photography at Salve Mater)
Film, photography and other art projects have been realised at Salve Mater. (more about examples and conditions)
The Salve Mater site will -over the coming years- bit by bit be developed into a residential area. (more about the development plans)